25 A Level teachers attended the ‘Changing Places ‘ Fieldwork workshop at the School of Geography on Wednesday 16th March 2016.
The focus of the session was to explore how to create robust urban fieldwork based on the Changing Places element of the new A Level specifications.
For summary of the key ideas and influences on this element of the specification see this summary.
- Download resource: Introductory powerpoint [DOC 4,135KB]
Planning: Setting up an over –arching enquiry question
Setting a robust enquiry question ensures that students are engaged in thinking through what data they need to collect and how they will carry out their analysis right from the start. The enquiry question that we used lent itself to being broken down into a myriad of smaller enquiries which would suit the new individual investigation as pieces of fieldwork and the results of all would come together to share understanding of changing places from an academic perspective.
- Download Resource: Mind map of overarching enquiry question [DOC 1KB]
- Download Resource: Mind map of fw idea [DOC 54KB]
Methods and data collection
- Download resource: Fieldwork tools and apps available online [PDF 1,826KB]
- Download resource: Resources for the 16th March fieldwork day [PDF 1,449KB]
- Download resource: Old Photos of Tower Hamlets [PDF 893KB]
To enquire about our next Tower Hamlets fieldwork day or request copies of these resources in Word format please contact our Schools Liaison officer.